This two zone valve manifold is made of two, 24 volt AC inline valves with flow control on a 1 inch swivel manifold with cap allowing for a quick connection to a water source.
This line of two, three, and four zone manifolds can be used to create automatic irrigation zones where spacing might be tight, allowing the valve manifolds to fit in a small valve box for below grade installation. This type of valve manifold provides the user with quick connection and disassembly capability, and allows for maintenance, repair, and installing additional valves with no tools or glue. Made of reinforced nylon and non-corrosive material, the valve manifold is designed for reliability in a variety of demanding applications.
• Constructed of UV resistant, heavy duty glass reinforced nylon with a stainless steel spring and other high impact plastic
• Comprised of two, 24 VAC inline valves assembled together with our quick connection swivel fittings
• Electric or manual operation
• Flow control handle for water flow adjustment and manual shutoff
• High flow with low pressure loss
• High performance solenoid with low electrical power consumption
• Manual internal bleed override for opening and closing the valve without external water spill
• Can operate with any AC controller
• Low coil heating and sediment damage
• The valve manifold configuration includes 1 inch swivel female thread with O-ring on the inlet and outlet side that act like a union for a quick connections
• Low sensitivity to dirt and voltage fluctuations
• Rugged, with reinforced and supported self-cleaning diaphragm that provides reliable operation even with dirty water
• Smooth valve opening and closing prevents pressure surge hazards
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
1. If installation is into a PVC pipe, first shut off the main water supply.
2. We recommend installing ball valve or gate valve before the valve manifold. This ball valve can be very useful as an emergency backup to turn the system off. This type of arrangement is used by professional installers.
3. Turn the water supply on to flush the line and then shut the water supply off using the new ball or gate valve.
4. Install the manifold assembly by connecting the inlet by threading the large swivel for the water inlet onto a 1" MPT connection. Hand tight only. No TEFLON tape is needed.
For the water outlet from the valves use a MPT fitting to screw into the valve using teflon tape.
5. Turn the water supply on again to pressurize the system. The valves will open momentarily and then they will shut off
6. Test each valve using the manual lever located in front of the valve. Check that the system is working and that there are no leaks. Then connect the solenoid wires to any AC controller.
7. Use 16, 18 or 20-gauge direct burial, strand gauge sprinkler wire between the valve location and the controller.
8. Connect each valve to the controller using two wires with the hot wire is color-code and the common wire is white. The common wire (white) is shared with all valves.
9. Connect the common wire to either solenoid wire of all valves using waterproof wire splice connectors.
10. Connect each color code wire to the remaining wire of each valve using waterproof wire splice connections.