A truly COMPLETE kit to connect to just about ANY water supply line PLUS it has all the parts to water 1 to 12 plants. Great for hydroponics, propagation or greenhouses. Connects to 1/2" PVC or Poly, 3/4" PVC or Poly and includes non-draining drippers so water flow stops when the pressure is turned off. Saves on water and fertilizer. These are perfect for exact water distribution amounts.
Includes the follow items
Installing the KH001 Kit
1) First choose how many of the 12 outlets on the D061 you will be using. If you will not be using all of them then use the soft rubber caps (D075-strip of 8) to close off the unwanted outlets. Simply open the 12 outlet head by unscrewing it and lifting out the clear filter element and place a single rubber cap over an outlet you wish to close off.
Note: If some plants need more water that others just use more than one outlet and place two lines of microtube with drippers going to that plant.
2) If in step 1 you closed off some outlets we suggest to NOT place the converter barbs (D065) in these. That way you will know which outlets are closed.
2a) The next step is to place the converter barbs (Smooth end) into the opening on the outside of each outlet. This allows the 1/4" microtube to connect to the 12 outlet head. Push them in tight while you twist them, make them nice and snug. DO NOT use any kind of pliers to push them in, it will ruin the barbed end and the microtube will not seal when installed.
3) If opened replace the clear filter and screw the cover back on the 12 outlet head.
4) Place the 12 outlet head (D061) onto one end of the grey 1/2" riser. Teflon tape can be used but is not required.
5) Install the riser with the 12 outlet head on it into whichever PVC Tee you will be using. (See "Connecting to your water supply line" below). On this connection we suggest one or two wraps of Teflon tape.
6) Now that your 12 outlet head is located in its final location, installed to the water supply, you need to install the 1/4" microtube. Take one end of the microtube and push it over the converter barb (D065) coming out of the 12 outlet head. Wiggle it back and forth as you push it on, take your time, it has to be tight not to pop off or leak. Make sure it is pushed up completely over the barb.
7) Take the 1/4" microtube you just connected and run it to the plant or pot where you want the dripper to flow out water. Cut the microtube a little long just in case........and install the dripper on the end. Then use a stake to position the dripper in the exact location you want it. Repeat with all open outlets.
Note: These are non-draining drippers which means they will not drain out water remaining in the line once the water source is turned off and pressure drops. If you have elevation differences between drippers say in taller or shorter pots or if the 12 outlet head is above all the drippers you will not get drainage out of the lowest dripper. This allows for very precise water quantities to plants.
Installing your water supply line
We have included multiple ways to connect to a water supply line. Choose the method you will be using below.
3/4" or 1/2" PVC supply line
1) Use the P101 or P205 PVC Tee supplied in the kit and install (with pvc glue) anywhere in a PVC water supply line where you want the 12 outlet head. Make sure the 1/2" threaded outlet points directly up.
1a) Both Tees have slip fitting ends for the pipe size indicated.
2) Now screw the 1/2" riser that has the 12 outlet head on it into the 1/2" threaded opening of the PVC tee you just installed.
3/4" or 1/2" poly tube.
1) Use the correct PVC Tee for the size poly tube you will be using. Use the correct size insert (LF076 or LF015) for the PVC Tee and using normal PVC glue, glue in the inserts to the slip ends of the Tee.
Caution! Use glue sparingly so that extra glue will not seep out onto/into the insert. If it does, wipe off immediately with a dry cloth or paper towel.
2) Install into the poly tube line then screw the 1/2" riser with the 12 outlet head on it into the 1/2" threaded opening of the PVC tee you just installed.
Garden Hose Connection
When connecting to a garden hose You can use either the 1/2" PVC Tee (P205) or the 3/4" PVC Tee (P101)
1) Cut a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe at least 4" (Or anything longer for your needs) and glue one end into the PVC Tee (P101).
2) On the other end glue the P367 onto the 3/4" PVC pipe.
3) Attach the A155 fittings pipe thread end (Blue) onto the PVC fitting (P367).
4) Connect your garden hose to the open end of the A155 fitting (Black).
5) Just hand tight should be fine for the A155 connections as there are washers on both sides to seal the connection.
1) Cut a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe at least 4" (Or anything longer for your needs) and glue one end into the PVC Tee (P205)
2) Use the Adaptor P215 and glue the 1/2" side onto the open end of the 1/2" PVC pipe.
3) Glue the P367 fitting onto the P215 fitting.
4) Attach the A155 fittings pipe thread end (Blue) onto the PVC fitting (P367).
5) Connect your garden hose to the open end of the A155 fitting (Black).
6) Just hand tight should be fine for the A155 connections as there are washers on both sides to seal the connection.